March 19, 2012

Oil Mediums

New Decal Process

Things have been quiet on the blog here but not in the studio!
We've been working hard on a few new things and lots of testing too. We've overhauled our decal printing methods because of our of last Bottled Project just wasn't good enough. We've switched from our non-oil based mediums to full on traditional mediums and decal paper. The results are out of the kiln and we're ready to get back to printing again. 

Above is one of the many test plates from our latest round of tests, we tried several printing mediums and covercoats on two different kinds of decals paper and we've come up with the best printing method yet. Gone is that slight bit of haze that usually accompanies our decals. Looks out for sharper brighter decals soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment